Awards, Affiliations & Experience:
- Director at the National League of Cities (2003-2011)
- Executive Director of Public Risk Database Project (1997-2003)
- Director at Government Finance Officers Association (1977-1997)
- Member of National Fire Protection Association Technical Committees 1710 and 1730 (2007 to present)
- 100 Leading Women by Business Insurance Magazine (2000)
- Treasurer of Public Risk Database Project Board (1996-1997)
- Member of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board Nominating Committee (1991)
- National Federation of Municipal Analysts Industry Award (1994)
- Influential Intergovernmental “Player” In Washington D.C. by the “Washington Almanac” (1992)
- Distinguished Service Medal in Public Finance by the National Association of Bond Lawyers (1986)
- Member, American Society of Association Executives
Cathy is a graduate of the University at Albany in New York with a Master of Arts in Economics and a Bachelor of Arts in Social Studies. With nearly 40 years of government experience at the local, state and national levels, Cathy has a strong public finance, risk management and nonprofit organization leadership background.
Outside of work, Cathy enjoys needlework, walking and cooking. She is also a Core Group Member with the Friends of Bridge Columbia, a grassroots citizen advocacy organization that supports infrastructure improvements in Columbia, Maryland.