Why Should My City Offer This Program?
Aging infrastructure can be a hassle for homeowners.
- Your homeowners’ private lines are subjected to the same elements – root invasion, ground shifting, fluctuating temperatures and more.
- There are 650 water main breaks per day in the U.S., resulting in a daily loss of 7 billion gallons of water.1
- Household water leaks can waste more than 1 trillion gallons annually nationwide. That’s equal to the annual household water use of more than 11 million homes.2
Most homeowners don’t have enough savings to cover emergency expenses.
- When water and sewer lines break, many homeowners believe the responsibility to repair them lies with the city.
- When water or sewer lines fail, it can cost a homeowner $1,300 to $3,500 or more to repair.
Why choose to partner with the NLC Service Line Warranty Program?
- At no cost to the city, the NLC Service Line Warranty Program allows homeowners to purchase affordable protection for their water and sewer lines that will cover the cost of repairing leaks, breaks and clogs.
- Contractors are local to the community into which the program has been introduced to help keep money in the local economy.
1 According to a report sponsored by the National Association of Water Companies and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, waterisyourbusiness.org
Steps to Complete
Execute one-page contract, which triggers recruitment of contractors
Approve press release provided by USP (general notice to eliminate resident confusion/city calls) and if desired, distribute to local media and/or post to the city website
Send the following to USP for the creation of the citizen marketing letter:
Name/title of designated letter signor plus signature
City address for outer envelope
Approve campaign letter provided by USP
Access monthly reporting via the web